Work HistoryDirector of Information Technology KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools A charter school system provided college readiness for K-12 in Shelby County Memphis, Tennessee February 2012 – Present
- Drove the successful collaboration on grant writing, and negotiated more that 350k in funding through various grants programs, and solution vendors.
- Lowered software technology costs by as much as 20% for schools by identifying commonality, and negotiating lower costs through economies of scale.
- Improved vendor performance and evaluations of key deliverables by 75 percent through the introduction of balanced scorecards, and succinct, well defined RFPs.
- Delivered more than a dozen outsourced technology projects on time and within budget, including both vendor-managed and on-premise-managed systems.
- Supervised a team of technicians and vendors, to provide support for computers, network infrastructure, enterprise servers, storage area network, email, telephony, identity management, and disaster recovery.
Wright Medical is a manufacturer of orthopedic medical devices and biologics.
Arlington, Tennessee June 2008 – January 2012
- Implemented standard operating procedures to include scheduled maintenance, policies and procedures for backups, retention, fail-over and application availability.
- Directed a team of technicians to support storage, disaster recovery, email, lease management, and identity management for the enterprise.
- Successfully managed a balanced budget to provide for technology software and services for three years.
- Led the global negotiations for major enterprise software license agreements through Microsoft and Adobe enterprise subscriptions, and reduced various licensing costs by as much as 40%.
- Redlined and negotiated hardware, software and professional service contracts for the desktop support department for a period of three years.
masterIT, LLC. A full service IT Provider for Small to Medium Businesses Bartlett, Tennessee August 2007 – January 2008
- Revitalized the corporate service desk and help desk activities to provide resolution to escalated issues.
- Strengthened and maintained relationships with vendors, business partners, and customers in conjunction with corporate leadership.
- Organized technical service and help desk departments to fully support all customers technology needs.
- Led Network Operations Center to ensure 99% up-time for customer’s network connectivity.
- Tackled the scheduling of technology staff as required by clients’ contracts.
The HUB Group (HUBG)
Originally Comtrak Logistics, Inc., an intermodal transportation company. Memphis, Tennessee August 2003 – January 2007
- Enhanced the e-mail infrastructure through successful project management of a Microsoft Exchange migration.
- Improved remote office connectivity through the implementation of cloud infrastructure utilizing Citrix.
- Designed and implemented a Data Center environment utilizing APC Infrastruxure.
- Implemented centralized SQL Server to be utilized for multiple application platforms such as Citrix, Great Plains Accounting, Aether, and Sage Abra, allowing us to reduce licensing costs by as much as 80%.
- Designed business continuity system to reduce the interruption of primary systems through fail-over, and reduce data loss of lower tiered systems to less than 2%.
A wireless company originally doing business as SunCom Bartlett, Tennessee
July 1998 – April 2003
- Achieved 99.8% uptime for 200+ Windows Servers and 100% uptime for 42 Citrix Servers in 2002 through the successful management of technicians, vendors, and suppliers.
- Initiated a standard vendor list and quote system to ensure best coverage and price for all infrastructure needs, cutting costs by 33%.
- Accomplished the successful consolidation of multiple data centers throughout the United States into 2 data centers located in Memphis, TN and Arlington, VA.
- Managed 8 direct employees and 22 indirect employees throughout the United States to support various systems including telephony, point-of-sale, web presence, ERP, disaster/recovery, email, and file/print.
The University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Masters of Human Environmental Science in Interactive Technology
The University of Memphis Memphis, Tennessee
Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems
State Technical Institute at Memphis Memphis, Tennessee
Associates of Applied Science in Microcomputer Technology with a Concentration in Windows and Graphics
- The Boy Scouts of America – Formerly served in the capacity of Committee Chairman, Cubmaster, and Webelos Leader. Provided program oversight that includes: fundraising, budgeting, training, and adherence to guidelines for local youth.
- Bartlett Youth Soccer – Coach – Provided athletic discipline to players since 1998.
- The University of Alabama – IIT (Institute of Interactive Technology) Student Guide & Mentor – Provide guidance and direction to new students in the graduate school to ensure a smooth transition into the program.
- Outstanding Graduate Student in Interactive Technology Award 2011-2012, The University of Alabama
- Golden Key International Honour Society – 2011
- The Boy Scouts of America – 21st Century Woodbadge Beads, Cubmaster Knot, Webelos Leader Knot, Tiger Cub Coach Knot
- 2002 Olympic Torch Bearer – Nominated and chosen for being an inspiration to local youth.
- 1988 Tennessee Career Association – 1st Place Award in Decision Making